The New Online Reporting System for Supervisors
Create an Account [more]
For supervisors and mentors who do not have a My NCARB account or access to the IDP supervisor and mentor service.
Reviewing a Report [more]
For supervisors and mentors who need to review interns' experience reports.
Creating an Account
- You will receive an e-mail from email@example.com with the subject line "NCARB IDP Supervisor Request." The e-mail will include a link to the system and the name of the intern that identified you as their IDP supervisor. Click the link.
- Create a My NCARB account, if you haven't already done so. [Watch video]
- Log in to My NCARB, and add the IDP Supervisor and Mentor service.
- Download and read the IDP Guidelines, and accept the terms of being an IDP supervisor or mentor.
- Enter your registration information.
- After you complete the registration information, you will be directed to the intern's report.
Reviewing a Report
- Schedule a meeting with your intern to review the report.
- Log in to My NCARB.
- Go into the "IDP Supervisors and Mentors" service.
- Select the report you would like to review.
- Review the hours in the report.
If your intern has done the report in the weekly format, you will have two options on how to review the hours.
a. You can review each week under the “Work” tab.
b. Or, you can review all the hours in each area at once under the “Summary” tab. This view is exactly like the bulk view.
- Click "Approve" at the top or bottom of the report if you agree with the information documented.
- Read and agree to the terms in the confirmation box. An e-mail will be sent to the intern notifying him/her that the report has been approved.*
- If you do not agree with the information submitted in the experience report and want the intern to revise the report, select "Return for Edits" at the top or bottom of the report.
- Please discuss revisions with your intern directly.
- You will be required to enter a message explaining why you have returned the report that will be included in the interns message center. An e-mail will be sent to the intern stating that the report is available for revisions.
- Any revised reports that are submitted will be e-mailed to you with the subject line "IDP Experience Report Revised."
- If you are satisfied with the revisions, please approve the report. If not, you may continue to Return for Edits until the report properly reflects the training completed.*
Once the intern submits a report, it is protected from the reporting requirements. If you select Return for Edits, the intern will not be impacted by the additional time required for the review and submission process.
- If the experience noted in the report did not occur, after meeting with your intern, select Reject at the bottom of the report. This action is permanent, and the report will not be available for resubmission.
* After supervisor approval, reports are still subject to NCARBs review and approval.